Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Crafting A Wedding: The Planning Book

The Book. Photo Credit Kyle Elllis thisiskyle.com
One Important aspect of the wedding planning process is the organization of everything. For mine I made a spiral bound book and also kept all the receipts and contracts in my binder and carried it around just about everywhere.

In this post I hope to provide you with all things that went into this master book.


The Spiral Bound book 

The First part of my project for creating the mother of all planning books is to make a spiral bound notebook for writing down all the important information and ideas. 

Here's what what inside my Spiral book:
(P.S. if you don't want to have all these pages simply have a page of notes dedicated to each vendor and/or detail in your wedding.)

  • The Checklist: complete with due dates and extra space for more ideas and to dos as they come up. Get mine here (note google drive messes it up a bit in the preview but if you download it the checkboxes should come back)

  • The calendar: just for 4 months before the wedding to record appointments and vendor payments 
  • The Budget: a section to record the expenses and identify the budget for each thing on the to do list. (although I must be honest that I did not use this section in my spiral book and kept a record of my receipts on my computer. I kept all my receipts from stores in a blue coupon organizer and put them into sections, the receipts I had from online orders and bridal stores in clear plastic sleeves in the binder. 
  • Contact Lists: for the bridal party as well as all the vendors. It came in handy to have all the numbers, addresses and emails for everyone in one spot.
  • The Guests: In this section I included information on how to address invites, a wedding invitation worksheet and information to help with planning for out of town-ers
  • The Bride: information on choosing a dress and accessories with a wedding gown record for writing down the favorite dresses, a makeup and a hair worksheet along with a notes section for recording all additional information 
  • The Groom: information on picking formal wear, and information on where the tux is rented from
  • The Girls: information on their responsibilities and picking their attire, and a record of gifts bought for them and price
  • The Guys: worksheet for determining where to rent tuxes and to know the sizes of each and record when they are paid off
  • The Vendors: in this section I had a paper just of brainstormed ideas, wedding vendor tip sheet,
    information on possible venues, contact information and notes about the ceremony and reception sites, the information on the cake and a cake worksheet, rentals and decor worksheet, information on songs and the DJ, information on the officiate and photographer along with a list of photos to take and a worksheet for the favors 
  • The Wedding Day: A wedding day timetable, ceremony worksheet, vows tips sheets and brainstorming for the vows 
  • Happily Ever After: sheet of helping to write thank you notes, and honeymoon travel details 
  • Don't Forget: in this section I included anything that didn't fit into the other sections including things brides usually forget, DIY day of prep kit and name changing walk-through 
Among each of these I included notes pages to make sure I had enough space to write whatever I needed like websites and potential dresses. 

The Binder
Some other things I made after I made my spiral bound book so they were included in the binder:

Some important websites that might be helpful 

also just google wedding planning printables and tons of things will come up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment