Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Crafting a Wedding: Chuppah (Wedding to Married life)

My now husband was put in charge of crafting the Chuppah for the wedding. I came out wonderfully once you don't think about the amount of time I spend nagging him to get it done. Also, the comedy of errors that we should have recorded of my hubby and I attempting to build it in our backyard so we cold test drive the fabric.




They Assembled it Day-Of at the Venue

It's a lot easier with four extra people. 
But It turned out well. The boys stapled the fabric on with a staple gun and then put some white Christmas lights (that my mother had loaded up on during the previous Christmas sales) all around it.

Photo Credit Kyle Ellis thisiskyle.com
The problem was then after the wedding. It was disassembled and hanging out on our back porch. It seemed a waste to throw it all away and I couldn't have it just sitting there so my husband decided to make a bench that we could put in our room out of the wood.
The Bench getting a new coat of paint

In our room


No comments:

Post a Comment