Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Newlywed Chrsitmas

Ornament Christmas Trees


made with small balls from Micheal's Craft Store. Star From Dollar Tree
This year we actually have a house and are not traveling for the holidays since my parents now live like 5 minutes away. Because we aren't usually home for the Christmas Holiday we don't really have any Christmas decorations. I went to stores to find some but I could not find anything that I liked (that wasn't super expensive) so I had to make my own.



I made others with ornaments, however I failed to make the base big enough to actually make a good sized tree.

I started with just some card-stock for the base and then used lots of hot glue while alternating colors for the first layer.

After that I just built up using lots of hot glue and attempting to mix up the colors. The bag I got from Micheal's also had the sequin balls so I put some of those in there. It is difficult to determine where to put each little ball but even with some of the same color being next to each other it still looks fine.

The star is from the dollar tree. It's actually a little ornament too. On others I used other kinds of ornaments, on the one that turned out to be a lot shorter than I anticipated I added a big ornament (also from the Dollar Tree).










 Only using the small balls was much easier. As you can see I put hot glue on not only the bottom but also between them to reinforce and strengthen them. Then as they are being built up I put hot glue on just about every place I could.





With the extra ornaments and colorful balls I put them into a cylindrical jar that I already had and put it up as decoration as well.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment