Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Crafting a Wedding: Programs and Confetti

For the wedding I crafted a lot of items mostly because I knew what I wanted and couldn't find it otherwise (or it was way too expensive). I made my programs and bags of confetti for throwing at the end of the ceremony.



Photo Credit Kyle Ellis http://thisiskyle.com/

Confetti Pockets


I was lucky enough to find the right color of small bags for the confetti (our colors were black and white with a pop of blue). Then on them I simply added labels (address labels) that read "Toss when they bride and groom exit". Most people were able to figure it out. Although the labels didn't stay by themselves so I had to add some tape to each.

Sitting in a pretty basket it looked fine having them just in there and not organized.





Photo Credit Kyle Ellis http://thisiskyle.com/

Programs


The Programs were done in the style of a story book since that was the theme of the wedding. It was complete with fancy font that I downloaded from websites that had been pinned on Pinterest.

They had several pages starting with a brief story of us, including the order of both the ceremony and the reception as well as all those involved. The last page also included a little bit about our future plans.

As you can see the programs were bound with a black and white bakers' twine (I originally wanted to stitch them but that was just too much) and then embossed on the front with a flower (from Micheal's) in the center. They were placed in a teal basket to provide that pop of blue.


Photo Credit Kyle Ellis http://thisiskyle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment